Ce este Asigurarea de protecție a gazdei?
The Host Protection Insurance program provides primary liability coverage for up to $1,000,000 per occurrence in the event of a third-party claim of bodily injury or property damage related to an Airbnb stay.
This coverage is subject to a $1,000,000 cap per listing location, and certain conditions, limitations, and exclusions may apply. Review the list of the covered countries.
The Host Protection Insurance program will only act as the primary insurance coverage for incidents related to an Airbnb stay, but it's available to hosts regardless of their other insurance arrangements.
Here are some examples of what the Host Protection Insurance program should cover:
- A guest breaks their wrist after slipping on the rug and brings a claim for the injury against the host.
- A guest is working out on the treadmill in the gym of the apartment building. The treadmill breaks and the guest is injured when they fall off. They bring a claim for the injury against the host and the landlord.
- A guest accidentally drops their suitcase on a third party's foot in the building lobby. The third party brings a claim for the injury against the host and the landlord of the host’s building.
Some examples of what the Host Protection Insurance program doesn’t cover:
- Intentional acts where liability isn’t the result of an accident.
- Accusations of slander or defamation of character.
- Property issues (ex: mold, bed bugs, asbestos, pollution).
- Auto accidents (ex: vehicle collisions).
You can find the list of the covered countries at www.airbnb.com/host-protection-insurance.